Friday, April 23, 2004

As I was answering Meli's comment below in the comments section, I ran out of space. Luckily, Greg is way more practical than me and suggested just answering in a post. So, here goes. Why I did not want to find out the sex of our baby before the birth:
Firstly, I had kind of always wanted to wait. But secondly, it has always bothered me how once people find out the sex of a baby they automatically assign it labels- like strong and heartbreaker for boys or sweet and beautiful for girls. I know that our baby will get these labels once s/he is born, but I guess we can deal with that when it arises. I like thinking of our baby as strong, intelligent, beautiful, etc regardless of his or her gender. I hope our child can have a balance of "masculine" and "feminine" qualities. I can say that it would be much easier to settle on a name if we knew the sex!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home