Saturday, May 01, 2004

We had our 32 week check up yesterday. Again, it was routine and uneventful (a good thing). My blood pressure is still in a good range, and I've gained 1 pound since my last appointment (2 weeks ago). My fundal height measured at 34- 2 weeks ahead of where we "should" be. Again, this did nothing to calm my nagging fear that our baby will be gigantic. The midwife said that maybe next appointment (34 weeks) they can begin to guess on a small-medium-large range. I have a feeling they can scratch small right off the list. As I was discussing this fear with Greg on the drive home, he assured me that it would be ok if our baby was big. At that point, I explained to Greg that I'm not worried about the baby being big for any reason other than the fact that I have to give birth to it and I would prefer for it to not be huge. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Of course what is really important is a healthy baby- even if it is on the big side- but I can hope for under 8 pounds (which I seriously doubt)! Does anyone know how much they weighed when they were born? Any encouragement out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home