Wednesday, May 12, 2004

My left arm is heavy, oh it is so heavy
That is a line from one of the movies we watched this week in class about breathing techniques, and focused relaxation. The exercises were useful, but the dialogue was very unnatural. It is a pretty well known that I am a little squeamish. I gag easily, and I can't watch those plastic surgery makeover shows. So the class talks about different positions for delivering a baby. Last night we watched a video of women giving birth in a squatting position without medical assistance. The video was made in Brazil in 1979 and had a light hippie music soundtrack so you couldn't hear the noises the women were making. We had to watch a series of six women give birth this way. I am aware birth is an amazing process, and one that involves a lot of fluid and some blood. I am sure that I will be able handle things when our time comes, but watching 6 in a row was a little too much for my delicate sensibilities.
Our class is still really quiet, and some of the people don't really seem to like the instructor --there were also three or four couples missing from class this week. The material is a little repetitive, and maybe a little oversimplified, but we will stick with it and take what we can from the class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home