Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Book Time

So, Colin and I have been spending some time at the local library here (it's not that close because it is off campus, but it's not that far off). I've discovered the netflix-esque request system that the library has put into place and it has me hooked. Right now there are 2 books that Colin and I are awaiting- Arrow to the sun : a Pueblo Indian tale and Raven : a trickster tale from the Pacific Northwest. These two titles seem vaguely familiar to me, I think I may have seen them on Reading Rainbow a zillion years ago. I'm always looking for good books to read to little man, so any suggestions would be welcome.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

The Very Hungry Catapillar by Eric Carle has always been one of my favorites, as well as Swimmy by Leo Lionni and anything written and/or illustrated by Steven Kellogg or Sandra Boynton. Oooh, and Harold and the Purple Crayon! I love kids books, so I can keep the suggestions coming if you need them :)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Lilypad John said...

Tolkien. Okay, seriously though, I always loved the book The Billy Goats Gruff or something, it was about these goats trying to get to a nice piece of grass.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

moo baa la la la - boynton
more, more, more said the baby
happy to be nappy- bell hooks
one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish - seuss
any of the ubiquitous baby faces books

do you go to the main branch or the garfield one?
jen s.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As big and smart as Colin is I'm surprised he is not reading the books himself. Dad

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home